Monday, March 30, 2009

are the earthquake gods playing a joke on me?

I didn't feel it.

I love earthquakes. Love them. Just a couple minutes ago my coworkers all started saying "Did you feel that?" "Was that an earthquake?" 4.3 magnitude originating in Morgan Hill to be exact.

Now my office is a-buzz with earthquake talk.

I didn't feel it. Grrrrr.

I didn't feel the last one either. I was running around the Foothill College track. It would have been the perfect place to enjoy an earthquake. I would have sat down on the track to feel every little movement. But, alas, I was running and didn't feel it.

Within 2 minutes of today's little quake, I got an IM from Christian and a text from Ashley. Christian felt it in Mountain View. Ashley felt it in San Jose. My building shakes when someone wheels a cart down the hall. It always feels like there's an earthquake going on here.

And yet when a real earthquake hits, I feel nothing.

Is someone playing a joke on me? Can we have a little 5.0-er right now so I can feel it? Please?

I'm going to comfort myself by eating a super sour orange from my parents' house in Hollister. Yep. I feel better now.

8 comments:

Jared said...

I didn't feel it, either. I was a little disappointed when my coworkers were talking about it and I hadn't felt a thing.

Camelia Bradshaw said...

Don't worry, I never feel them either. They always happen when I am either driving or sleeping; unless they are super strong and super close to me which has happened like twice in my life.
Josh looooooves earth quakes too. He is subscribed to a web-site that e-mails him the time and location of every earthquake that happens. If you want, I can ask him the web address for you.

aaandy500 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenni said...

I didn't feel it. And I don't know when it was, so I don't know what I was doing. Maybe I was at the gym?

AMY and ARTHUR said...

I bet your parents felt it! We didn't feel it ;-)

Julie Laughlin said...

seriously, i have only felt 1 earthquake in the 5 years that i have lived here. and i get so mad when one happens and I don't feel it! I've been home all day and haven't felt anything. I wonder what in the world I was doing when it happened that would have made me not feel it? Darn! Maybe next time!

Chris said...

Well, we're the parents (here in Hollister) and neither Mike nor I felt it either. Maybe because we were both outside. Me in the garden, he on the golfcourse. I agree with Molly. If we're going to have an earthquake, I want to feel it.

madichan said...

Don't worry, Molly, I didn't feel it either. I was over at the med school, and now have a lot more faith in the structural integrity of our buildings.