Monday, March 30, 2009

1. I have the attention span of a fly. (Is that even the saying?) I have been sitting here for 3 hours working on a test for my students. I have written a total of 10 sentences. But rest assured I have answered emails, checked facebook, talked to my sister on the phone, texted with my other sister, chatted online with a friend, and made french fries out of parsnips. And now I seem to be blogging. No wonder it takes me forever to finish things.

2. Spiders really should know that if they run around near me they are going to get smashed. When are they ever going to learn?

3. The squirrel walked up to our open door yesterday and put its two front feet on the doorstep. It looked inside, saw the three of us sitting in the living room, considered coming in, and then walked away. I really wish it had come in. I think squirrels are hilarious.

4. In my attempt to eat more vegetables, I cut up parsnips and carrots tonight. Doused them in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then proceeded to bake them (and add more salt) until every possible nutrient had left their poor crisp bodies. Then I ate them like french fries with catsup. I asked Ashley if that was healthy. She said that of course it was! Just as healthy as french fries!

5. I bought a new shirt on Saturday. I wore it to church yesterday. Then I wore it to work today, because I knew I wouldn't see any of the same people. I have no shame.

6. Christian had a soccer game at 6:30 tonight. It ended 2 hours ago and he's still not home. That just means he's out eating pizza with his buddies. Suddenly my parsnip fries sound really healthy. Looks like I won the health contest tonight. Not that we're in a contest, but it's always nice to win so I'll take what I can get.

3 comments:

Julia said...

i love these random posts. keep 'em coming. and parsnips that taste like french fries sounds pretty good actually.

Ryan said...

I believe it's "attention span of a gnat."

Although I can't imagine that flies have long attention spans either.

josh hallmark said...

2. you don't just usher them outdoors? how sad.

3. squirrels are the best!

5. i do the same thing all the time. however, i've found those are the few times you'll run into someone from the prior day. then you have to decide which looks worse: choosing to wear the same shirt two days in a row, or claiming you never made it home the previous night.