Sunday, February 15, 2009

valentine's day recap

What a lovely day.

Quick last-minute run to say farewell to Kathy. Have a great time in Utah, Lyons! We will miss you!

Chores. I LOVE having a clean living room.

Thanks to Kathy's encouragement, we braved the forecast for rain and set out on our Valentine's Day excursions. And despite the 80% chance of downpours, the most we experienced were sprinkles.

First stop: the Oakland Zoo. Trust me--you do not need kids to enjoy the zoo. Even the "children's section" was incredibly fun. Highlights? Screaming macaws. Olympic gymnast gibbons. Giraffes doing the splits. And bats that look like bears. (Lenessa--they aren't flying rats! They are flying bears!)





Then we were off Berkeley in search of a very late lunch. We drove around and around and ended up on Telegraph near Cal. Indian food. Mmmmmmmmm. Let me repeat that. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Couldn't resist a quick trip into Buffalo Exchange since we were parked just around the corner. Three dresses for me. Two pairs of pants for Christian.

After making out like bandits at Buffalo Exchange, we went in search of a little waterfall off the beaten path in Berkeley, thanks to a tip from Weekend Sherpa. Got my favorite red shoes all muddy, and loved every minute of it.



On our way home, we wound through the streets and hills drooling over the neighborhoods. I'm not sure how many times I told Christian I could handle living in that area. Check it out sometime.

Crashed the Heritage Oaks ward Valentine's dance in order to shake a little bootie with Lenessa. And let's just say, it was, well, a church dance--the dance floor was speckled with with a handful of adults who probably haven't danced in a long time and a bunch of kids running around. So what did we do? We shook our booties. To Michael Jackson, YMCA, and a Christmas remix of The Macarena. Yep. The Macarena mixed with Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Christian helped David hold down the chairs. They did a great job.

Then we swung by home, picked up Richard, and were off to the movies to see Coraline. Great movie. The crazy lady has some serious issues. Creepy. And I loved it.

Needless to say, but the time we got home, I collapsed on the floor of the living room when we got home. Partly because I was exhausted, partly because it was so clean I couldn't help but make the most of all that space. But Christian told me to go get in bed instead of sleep on the floor.

What a fun day!

5 comments:

Kerri said...

Holy Cow! What a fun FILLED DAY! I'm almost exhausted just reading about it! I'm so impressed with all you crammed in!

Just curious, what did the workers think at Buffalo Express while you and Christian were Making Out? Like bandits, too you said...wow, how wild!

Chris said...

Such a fun day! I would have loved all parts of it. Very good use of the Valentines Holiday.

Julia said...

k, sorry about the comment throw up in the other post. you kids are looking suuuuuuuuuper cute these days. seriously.

webster said...

wow! do you think you would have fit anything else in? sounds like you did a little bit of everything!

Molly said...

I know. We really did to a million things. But we didn't actually spend a ton of time at any of those things, so it's not quite as crazy as it sounds. Our whole Oakland/Berkeley trip was pretty slow and lazy. Although by the time we got to the movies, I was ready for bed.