Saturday, February 7, 2009

The other day I was getting ready for work and put on what I thought was a pretty cute outfit. Red scarf in my hair, navy blue shirt, casual jeans, and my favorite red shoes. Casual but cute. My office, which is normally freezing, was an oven all week. But I knew I needed something warm for the trip from the parking lot to my office. Instead of putting on my favorite green jacket that I wear EVERY DAY (and all day since I'm usually freezing all day at work), I decided I should put on something else. Unfortunately I am sorely lacking on cute sweaters. So I threw on my sweatshirt and ran out the door. Besides, I'd just take it off when I got in the office.



Of course with my luck, the office was once again freezing. So I kept my sweatshirt on all day. Halfway through the day I went to the bathroom and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. What had been a cute outfit had morphed into something atrocious. I seriously looked like I was either going to go work in a garden or beg for money on the side of the road. It was bad. And I was actually working like this.



So tonight I decided enough was enough. I needed cute sweaters. So I used my Nordstrom gift card (at Nordstrom Rack, of course) and ensured that I would no longer 1) wear my green jacket every day and 2) look like a homeless gardener at work.



11 comments:

Camelia Bradshaw said...

You look absolutely adorable. The white one is my favorite.

Carbonneau said...

I LOVE YOUR SWEATERS! I love wearing layers, unfortunately here, I never get to lately..I think I need to pull out a cute one for church today...and then hope it fits over my gigantic belly! ;) LOVE the sweaters! good job.

Julia said...

super, super cute. super cute. def the white one is my fave.

Bonnie said...

those jackets are adorable!! But, just for the record, you could even pull off the sweatshirt without looking homeless or green-thumb-ish. :) You make anything look stylish! In fact, I'm sure 2 or 3 of your co-workers are secretly rocking that look at home right now!

webster said...

super cute!! they look good! way to be a bargin shopper too

Ashley C. said...

I do the same thing all the time! My cold weather wardrobe is terrible. And I only own 2 pairs of pants that I actually like. It doesn't make for very good work clothes.

madichan said...

I'm laughing at the "yay-boo" expressions on your face as you're modeling! And agreeing with above; you DO NOT look a homeless gardener at work.

Christian said...

Bye the way, I picked out that rockin' white sweater.

Amy Carter said...

nice. i have more cardigans than any other clothing item. i never leave home without one. i seem to think that if i change-up my cardi, no one will notice i've been wearing the same two pair of pants all week.

Kaylynn said...

What an adorable post! I love your style.

Tamra said...

I love the long white one. But I also liked the original sweatshirt, too. ... Then again, I often look like a homeless gardener, too. By choice.