Sunday, January 25, 2009

lukewarm

1. Justin Timberlake
2. Trader Joe's
3. Finding awesome deals/discounts
4. Seinfeld
5. 24
6. American Idol
7. The Jolie-Pitts
8. Oprah
9. Settlers of Catan
10. Monty Python

Somehow I missed the boat on these things. My feelings can be described as lukewarm at best. I certainly don't dislike anything on this list (I will play Settlers and have fun, and I will read about Brangie in the checkout line), but I am far from obsessed. Of course, I'd never actually admit that in public, because I would be met with a million reasons why they are all the hottest things since sliced bread... (Admit it--you are obsessed with Seinfeld and Oprah.)

Don't worry. I'm not being a hypocrite. I have my own obsessions (Lost, running, Target), but sometimes I sit back and wonder why I didn't fall in love with "the list."

Maybe I'll never know. The world is full of mysteries, eh?

5 comments:

Julie and Lenny said...

i agree with you on 4,5, and 10. But I think liking target means that you also like 3....

Molly said...

Yes, like. But not obsessed. Right?

Ashley said...

Fun thoughts.

I couldn't care less about JT or Monty Python. Oprah and 24 are old news. I wish I didn't know so much trivia about the Jolie-Pitts, but somehow it soaked in. Trader Joes and AI and Settlers are nice but not life-changing. But you got me on awesome deals and Seinfeld--two things that motivate me and resonate with my core being!

josh hallmark said...

the only thing on the list i disagree with is trader joe's. it pains me you're missing out on its greatness.

also...
lost! this makes up for trader joe's.

Ashley C. said...

Yeah, I can honestly say I'm not really into any of those. Justin Timberlake is cool, but not amazing. It probably helps that I don't have a TV right now either. I've never seen a full episode of 24 and who's at home in time to watch Oprah?? I was into Lost for a while when my roommate had the first season on DVD, but then it just turned into a soap opera and nothing ever got resolved. Bleh.