Wednesday, December 31, 2008

blocks

I'm working on my New Year's Resolutions today. You know, the ones I am trying to finish before the New Year. Something tells me I'm not going to make it. But like any good procrastinator, I'm putting forth a huge effort on the last day of the year.

This morning I finished my blocks project. I was supposed to just stick vinyl letters on them, but considering stickers can be easily peeled off, I figured I should paint the letters on. So I used the outline of the stickers (What do you call that--the negative relief of the sticker?) as stencils and painted the letters. This took a RIDICULOUSLY long time. And no, I am not exaggerating. After hours of tedious labor, I finally finished the blocks. And this was the first thing I spelled:



Yes, I used all the blocks. Yes, that flag is supposed to be an "E." Yes, I think it's close enough. Yes, I attribute my mad block skills to all the hours spent playing speed scrabble with my mom.

But since "hate" is such a harsh word and I didn't have enough blocks to spell "strongly dislike," I decided to change the blocks to a more uplifting message. So I left this love note for Christian and Richard:



Now that I think about it, I love these blocks.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

you're a riot! how many blocks did you make?

Ashley C. said...

Ha! i like the second phrase.

Molly said...

I don't stink like trash, just a stinky boy!

Molly said...

Ummm... Christian wrote that last comment. I do not smell like a stinky boy. He does.

Kerri--They are 16 blocks with 4 different letters on each. And they come with a guide so that you can find which blocks have which letters. Some letters are duplicated, but not all of them.