Friday, November 21, 2008

techy high school

Technology from the high school. Helpful or annoying?

What happened to the good old days when your parents only knew your grades when report cards came out? Now we have the online student information system, so we can check Richard's grades daily. Do we? No, but we do use it occasionally. It helps, but it also causes a lot of stress.
Helpful or annoying? Helpful, but Richard would probably say annoying.

What happened to the good old days when your parents could write you a note to excuse you from being late? I sent Richard to school with a note the other day. It was easier than looking up the school number and calling. He called me about 20 minutes later and said they don't accept notes. I had to leave a message on the attendance line. What, so someone else can write it down?
Helpful or annoying? Annoying.

What happened to the good old days when your parents occasionally received information from the high school in the mail? Instead they send out emails. Want to know what I got today?

Email 11:43am: Thanksgiving week + Finals schedule
Email 11:48am: The Student Directory is out!
Email 12:24pm: Winter Student Art Show
Email 4:58pm: Friday message from the Principal

Really? Do I really need to be constantly updated about what's going on at the high school? Do I really need 4 emails in one day?

Helpful or annoying?
ANNOYING!

4 comments:

Chris said...

unbelievable. I wonder if it's harder to cut school with that system?

Amy Carter said...

thank goodness they didn't have this system when i was in school! hee hee.

Molly said...

I know! Then we would have never been able to forge mom's signature.

webster said...

Too funny, your blog is so entertaining. I need to add you to my little list!