Friday, November 7, 2008

taking a breath

I'll be honest. Other than my post to Obama and my birthday wishes to Christian, I haven't felt like blogging. I just can't bring myself to write about witty things when my heart is heavy. But I don't want to write about the things that are making my heart heavy, because we are all tired of talking about them and they are dear to my heart--not dear to my blog. But that doesn't mean they are gone.

I don't want to give the impression that all is perfect in the world and that no one was affected by the elections. I don't want to give the impression that there is celebrating going on when we all know that very good people have been directly affected.

But I also know that wallowing in sorrows does no good. Neither does beating a dead horse (or as my family would say it--beating a horse to death). I am a happy person, and even when my heart is heavy, I believe in enjoying life and making the most of each day.

So today I am taking a breath--a deep breath. And I pray that we all try a little bit harder to understand each other and support each other even in our differences. That goes for both sides.

3 comments:

LJ and DC said...

Oooh I agree. Yes, let's take all deep breath shall we? (Both sides, of every issue!)

josh hallmark said...

gracious and beautiful.

Dana said...

The key is to be tolerant, don't you think? I like this post Molly.