Sunday, October 5, 2008

spain at midnight

It's funny that when I wrote the title of this post, my outlook on the post changed dramatically. I was going to write about how here I was wide awake at midnight watching my recorded (yep--DVR) episode of Spain: On the Road Again, thinking that was late... until I wrote "Spain at Midnight." Life in Spain is booming at midnight, so it suddenly doesn't sound like such a big deal anymore that I'm wide awake at midnight.

After walking around like a zombie today (although we did go down to Ashley and Jose's new house and poke around for a while--measuring walls, discovering wood under the layering of carpet, linoleum, and particle board), I got back in bed around 5pm. I know I have complained a lot about my cold, but I really don't think I have ever had a cold with such non-stop sinus pressure. I'm now on day 4 and getting a little sick of it (no pun intended). Took Sudafed Decongestant and it didn't do squat. Sheesh.

So now I'm up at midnight watching my Spain show and being more than a little bummed that Christian is off hanging out with our friends. Sorry, Lenessa. I just couldn't do it.

They're showing the process of making stinky cheese, and I want some soooo bad. I love stinky cheese. Not to mention they are constantly playing music meshed with the Spanish flamenco clapping. I say "meshed" because it's with Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again." I would have to say that my absolute favorite thing about flamenco is the clapping. If you've never paid attention to the rhythmic clapping, I highly recommend it.

The best garlic is from Cuenca? What about Gilroy? Ha! I think we might have to have a taste test.

Love hearing them say "hombre" as an expression. Totally forgot about that. Love Gwyneth's Spanish.

Ok. Show's over. Bored again. Not tired. Head is going to explode. Or implode. Not sure which one. I'll just keep dreaming about Spain. I could really use one of those salty salads that the family's housekeeper/nanny in Seville used to make for us. No, I don't remember her name. She was crazy. But only because the family was crazy. I'll bet she would have been fine away from the crazy family. But she made a mean salty, oily, vinegary salad. Mmmmmmmm....

4 comments:

Chris said...

I enjoyed watching the same program, but not at midnight. What'shername did have a good command of the language(Spanish) from what I could hear. It also sounded, at times, like What'shisname also could converse and didn't really need What'shername to keep translating everything for him. I didn't watch the whole thing. Maybe I'll have to come up and see the rest.
Get plenty of rest today, and hopefully Monday will be a better day for you.
Jo Daddy

mer said...

Who knew Gwyneth had such great castellano?? I, for one, did not know this about her.

Molly, I want to go to Spain with you someday :)

Ashley said...

You found wood floor! Is it salvageable? How cool.

Amy Carter said...

please don't erase the episode! i will come down and watch it before/after charlie's bday party.