Thursday, October 9, 2008

lunch time

Lunch time = Blog time. Making it quick.

1. Happy Birthday, Paula!! Today is my mother-in-law's birthday! I can't wait to show her that I'm actually knitting. Paula--when are we having a knitting party? Paula is making me the cutest little baby sweater (no--I'm not pregnant--she just started making me one when I oooh'd and ahhhh'd over one she had made for someone else). Isn't she great? A very Happy Birthday to Paula, indeed!

2. I repent. Josh C's birthday is not tomorrow. It's on the 21st. But at least I didn't miss it! (If you know me, you know I'm not likely to remember your birthday...something about Hollister water and a bad memory.)

3. Dianna is all done with braces! Look at that beautiful smile!!

4. I finally have my new running shoes! Happy Birthday to me, again? No, I earned $85 a while back going to a market research group, and put it immediately toward my $85 shoes. Perfect! Photo shoot with Christian again. For some reason he didn't like the fact that I was eating my shoes. Just can't seem to figure out why.

5. Today is Thursday. The word Thursday reminds me of Autumn time. Words are special to me, and they make all kinds of connections in my brain that I can't explain. So Thursday is Autumn. And I love Autumn. So I love Thursdays.

6. Kaylynn just sent us the forecast for our race on Saturday. And they say that it's normally about 10 degrees colder where the races starts 13 miles up the trail. Snow flurries in the forecast for the night before. We're going to freeze. And I am so excited.

7. Last night I burnt my fingers. On piquillo peppers. I didn't think they were that hot, so I just cleaned out the seeds with my fingers. By the time I went to sleep, I felt like I had mildly burnt my thumb. And this morning, I had to keep all my fingers away from anything warm or they felt burnt. Live and learn, right? But I did end up with a yummy cheesy piquillo pepper spread to eat on crackers today. Anyone want any seeds for planting next year?

Aaaaand back to work!

1 comment:

Amy Carter said...

post pics of your race!