Friday, September 19, 2008

take the plunge?

I know I've said this before, but I'm going to tell Christian today that we should take the plunge...

And get DVR with our Comcast. We are way too busy to try to remember to set our VHS tape to record shows. We don't even get home until 9 most nights!

Not to mention my sister just sent me a link to this:

So of course I need to record those episodes.
Teaching my ESL class has made me so happy. Language and people really are my passions. And I've been listening to all my salsa music in the car lately. And I want to go dancing. And I want to travel. My awesome students from Peru were teasing me for living in Spain and asked me why I didn't go live in Peru. I told them I want to! And I just reconnected with some of the friends I made while living in Spain. And I want to watch this show, because I'm sure it will bring back so many memories that my brain has forgotten. Oh, and I want to learn to play flamenco guitar again.

And I want DVR. Done.

8 comments:

Jena Wise said...

watch out... once you get it you'll *never* go back!

but it's SO worth it.

Amy Carter said...

yay, i inspired a blog! hopefully the Spain show will change my mind about Spanish food, because when i was there, nothing tasted very good. except the chocolate con churros. mmmmmm mmmmm mmmmmm.

Molly said...

Ha! Amy--I remember you telling me how good looking the Spanish guys were, and how disappointed I was when I got there. The women were all gorgeous and the men were all, well, not. Maybe the guys in the north were cute, but slim pickin's in the south. I have to agree with you on the food. Loved some of it, didn't love some of it. Maybe if I liked seafood and vinegar better...

Julia said...

i second jena. you will NEVER go back. a dvr is tivo's gift to man.

Jenni said...

DVR is great, but here's the problem. When you're so busy that you have to record your shows because you don't have time to watch them, you are usually still too busy later to go back and watch the recorded version. Hopefully it works out for you!

mer said...

Oh man! That Spain show looks awesome!

PS: When you go to live in Peru, I'll come with you!

mer said...

PPS: I'm glad you enjoyed s'mores à la française!

Ashley C. said...

Tell them I went to Peru!