I know it has only been 4 days since I last posted, but I felt like my blog was getting boring. Not that what I'm going to write is exciting, but at least it will move me up to the top of your blogroll, right?
1. Christian and I are going camping with his soccer friends in a couple weeks and I am so excited. I love the outdoors. And his friends are a riot. I can't wait!
2. I have decided that I want to live in skirts and big t-shirts. Skirts and big t-shirts don't exactly look good together, but man are they comfortable! It has been so hot lately (ok, so hot for here), and we don't have air conditioning. So I've been lounging around in skirts because they are soooo nice and cool. This last weekend we went hiking and I wore a skirt. Maybe I looked like a dork in my running shoes and skirt, but it was wonderful. I highly recommend it.
3. I'm running again! I know you all think I'm this crazy person who runs every day and runs a marathon every couple months. But that's just not so. I run 3 times a week (on a good week). I've run 3 marathons in the last 4 years. Yes, that sounds like a lot even to me, but it's not exactly every couple months. After my horrible half marathon in April, I started taking it easy. Then I got lazy. Then I went to Hawaii and ate for a week straight. Oops. But my girls convinced me to sign up for a half marathon in October and I am back in the saddle! I have been LOVING running with Lindsey, Kaylynn, Whitney, Maren, Rebecca, April, Sarah, Dyan---whoever happens to be running that day! Oh running, how could I have neglected you so?
4. Back to school night. Yep. Tonight I'm going to Richard's back-to-school night. Super fun, huh? I'm sure I don't really need to go (Richard really has things pretty well under control), but I figured we should. And since Christian has class on Thursday nights, I'm going alone. Again. At least last year I got to ride over with Jennifer and laugh about how everyone there would think we were the students. But this year I have no friends around here with kids in high school. So I'm going alone. Woe is me.
5. I just found a hole in the front of my shirt. What the heck? How does that happen? How does a hole just appear in the front of a practically new shirt? And to think I actually tried not to look like a bum today. Where is the justice?
6. I promise I'll post something interesting with pictures soon. Hope you all have a great week!
3 years ago