Friday, September 5, 2008

goodbye dear time

Aaaaaand there goes my life.

Good news: I just got a phone call and starting next week (!!) I will be teaching an ESL class in East Palo Alto again. Only now I'm teaching all three nights!

Bad news: On top of my full time job, and the few hours a week I am working on writing a curriculum, I am now teaching 3 nights a week. Which means Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, I can pretty much kiss my life goodbye.

To my lovely ladies I was running (and sometimes swimming) with in the evenings: I will miss you.

To my lovely ladies I was running with in the mornings: Expect me to be setting up morning runs more often.

To my wonderful husband: Eh, we don't see each other on Wednesdays and Thursdays anyway. Have fun hanging out with Richard on Tuesdays.

To my wonderful Richard: I won't be home. Nothing new, right?

To my full-time job: Cross your fingers I don't check out completely.

To the wonderful girl I tutor: This makes me so so sad. Maybe I can come tutor on Mondays.

To my bank account: 9 more hours of pay a week? Let's have a party. Me, you, shopping? It's a date.

To my new students: I can't wait to meet you!

6 comments:

whitney said...

congrats molly! hope you don't get too overwhelmed. i'm looking forward to seeing you more in the mornings. :)

Tyler said...

I read the comment and thought it was a suicide note. I wonder if that's ever been done before. Good job on the new gig.

Chris said...

It's a good thing I read your blog frequently. I didn't know about the new job, and I'm your mom! I'm now convinced you aren't ever planning to slow down. I'd better quickly get my name on your calendar. Congratulations.

Ashley C. said...

Wow, and I thought I was going to be busy. You're crazy!

Jenna said...

What about to your fellow bloggers? We should get an apology.

Molly said...

Ah, yes. And to my fellow bloggers: Nothing will change since I end up blogging at work anyway. Don't tell anyone.