Friday, August 1, 2008

october woes

October is the best month of the year. Why? Because it starts cooling down (with a couple heat waves), you're guaranteed at least one stormy night, the leaves are changing colors, you get to maybe start wear winter clothes again, you get to dress up for Halloween, and it's my birthday month. I love October.

But after talking to my sister-in-law Kitty, I'm discovering that I have October woes. Here is why.

1. October 5th: San Jose Rock n Roll Half Marathon: Deirdre just told me she wants to do the RnR. And then 5 minutes later Kitty told me she's planning to do it.

2. October 12th: I had already been considering running the Biz Johnson half marathon (it's in Susanville above Tahoe/Reno) since some of the girls are doing the full marathon. And I hear the course is beautiful.

3. October 19th: The Nike Women's is the week after the Biz Johnson and there's a very very tiny small chance I may be able to get into it. I'm not counting on it, but I can't rule it out. Erica, Julia, and Maren are running in Nike.

I guess the race organizers love October as much as I do. I don't know about the rest of you, but I think this is just not fair. (Boo hoo, poor me, throwing a tantrum.)

2 comments:

Tyler said...

You do know that racing is optional, right?

Kerri said...

Good call, tyler!

put all those miles together and your half way to Chicago, a much better use of your time! And to make it fair, I'll pick you up half way.