Wednesday, July 30, 2008

talk talk ramble ramble

1. On Monday I went swimming with April! I hate actually getting in the pool, but once I'm in I love swimming laps. And April's arms are so ripped that I can't help but want to look like her. Granted, she carries around two little boys all day, and I'm sure that contributes to her nice arms. But I'll just pretend it's all from swimming.

2. Yesterday I was a guest speaker in Sally's ESL class. I talked to the students about Stanford and the School of Medicine since they will be taking a field trip to Stanford at the end of the week. Thanks, Sally! I want to teach. This weekend I am going to take the plunge and start applying for teaching jobs.

3. Last week I bought Jillian Michaels' Making the Cut book, thinking it would be a nice 30-day program for Christian and me to do together. It's hard core. She's hard core. We haven't started the meal plan yet (that takes a lot of advanced planning--grocery shopping, meal planning, time...), but this morning we tried the first workout. We got up a little after 6, lugged our weights, exercise ball, and jumprope to the park, and the proceeded to kill ourselves for the next 45 minutes. It was so hard. I am such a wimp. We are officially biggest losers.

4. As part of my eating healthy/exercise regime, I am trying to drink more water. If you've worked out with me, you know I just don't drink a lot. I have to force myself to drink. Miss Jillian (aka Crazy Woman) says to drink 80 ounces of water a day. I'm proud of myself when I drink 30 in a day. But I've broken it down. 8 ounces in the morning, refill my 16-ounce bottle every 2 hours at work, and 8 ounces in the evening. That doesn't sound too difficult, right? I guess I'll just have to get used to getting up to pee at night again.

5. Veronica and Josh (and Savannah!) are coming on Friday! They will be with us for a whole week! We are so excited. And Richard is coming home this weekend, too, so we will have a very full house! Not to mention Dianna will probably be over every night since V&J will be here. Party at our house!!

6. The Wades are stopping by, too! They are on their way to China. Yep! China! The rest of us are all jealous of the Wade/Layton trip to China. Admit it. Even those of you who don't know them are jealous. And in true Julia style, what are we doing on the one day she's here? Running at the crack of dawn! Sweet.

7. Last night I cooked fresh spinach. And I ate it. And I liked it. I'm all grown up now.

3 comments:

Julia said...

so glad you are coming at the crack of dawn, molly!! means the world. :)

LJ and DC said...

hurray for visitors! How did you cook the spinach?

Molly said...

I sauteed chopped up garlic and almond slices with a tiny bit of olive oil. Then I threw in a ton of fresh spinach (still damp from being rinsed), covered it with a clear lid, and waited a couple minutes until it was limp. Simple simple. (Oh, and I added a little salt. I wasn't going to, but I did. Trying to stay away from adding salt to things.) And it was good!