Monday, July 7, 2008

priorities

I obviously have my priorities in line. I was on the way back to my desk after getting a slice of mango mousse from a coworker when our fire alarm went off. No drill was scheduled, so we all quickly grabbed our stuff to head downstairs.

I grabbed my phone and started to walk away from my desk. But then I realized it would probably be a good idea to grab my wallet from out of my bike bag. I didn't want to bring the entire bike bag, because it's just too big and I'm lazy. But as I was finding my wallet, it occurred to me that if the building did in fact burn down, it would be nice to still have my bike bag (biking clothes, clipless shoes, lunch, calendar, makeup). So I finally just grabbed the entire thing and headed downstairs.

Once we were all assembled outside our building, my coworkers started pointing out that I obviously had my priorities in line.

Even though I had actually debated leaving my entire bike bag at my desk, I was still holding (and eating) my plate of mango mousse.

(In my defense, Deirdre remembered to bring down the wedding stuff she was working on, but forgot the office emergency kit. We know what's important.)

3 comments:

d/b/c/m said...

ha ha! that reminds of the time i was on the back of a motorcycle with a boyfriend and we turned a corner, it skidded out on some gravel and he layed it down. i ended up with some major abrasions on my legs...but, i didn't spill a drop of the reeses peanut butter cup shake i was holding.

LJ and DC said...

oooh I LOVE mango mousse. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Hurray for fire alarms, they're always fun.

Matt, Ella, and Jane said...

that is pretty comical. i have never had mango mousse and didn't even know what it was. does it really look like the picture? if so, I'll take two.