1. Enjoying Deirdre and Mike's wedding. It was absolutely beautiful. We were honored to be a part of it.
2. Swimming with turtles every time we snorkeled. They're just so graceful. Underwater pics will hopefully follow shortly.
3. Shark spotting while scuba diving! Christian saw it. I was no doubt off marveling at a piece of coral.
4. Surf lessons! Ok, we were "surfing" on boards the size of garage doors going about 1 mile per hour, but at least we were standing up!
5. La Perouse bay. My favorite part of the island.
7. Running all alone early in the morning in Hana.
8. Falling asleep to rain pouring on our tin roof in Hana.
9. The road back from Hana. We were way more awake on the way back and the rain and clouds made it so beautiful.
11. Discovering I'm an artist. Sure I traced an outline first, but the rest is all me, baby.
12. The Volcom store in Lahaina--a nice rash guard for me and nice pants for Christian.
13. Lots and lots of time with my best bud.
1. Leaving for Hawaii in serious need of a tan. Returning from Hawaii in serious need of a tan. (In my defense, Angie and Nuala both have Philipino blood.)
2. Christian puking off the side of the scuba boat.
3. Eating way too much food and candy. Wait. Is that bad?
4. The road to Hana during dry season. Still beautiful, but most of the "roaring" waterfalls were actually trickles at best.
5. Sleeping in a different bed for a week. Achy bodies are no fun.
6. Not buying a new camera before going to Hawaii. That sunset at La Perouse bay would have made a great picture. Would have--if the camera hadn't died. Like always.
7. Mosquito bites.
10. Losing the stickers for our dive log. They were in my hand in the car and not in my hand in the condo.
11. The poor turtle with a huge fishing hook in its arm. I didn't dare try to pull it out, but for how long he floated next to me, I was starting to think he was asking me to.
And The Ugly:
1. My hair in the morning.
2. The style of wearing your bikini bottom halfway down your butt. We saw one girl with a very nice butt that could almost pull it off. And one girl with...um...a butt that definitely could not. I'm just not interested in seeing 4 inches of crack.
3. Getting my ipod stolen out of our car while scuba diving. So sad!
4. Hiking an hour on a lava trail (imagine walking on fist-sized lava rocks for an hour) only to find the snorkel spot too rough and having to turn around and hike all the way back. The first half hour was fun. After that it just sucked. To add insult to injury, the water was so clear we could see all the fish taunting us--just too rough to actually get in.
The good, the bad, and the ugly make for wonderful memories that we'll laugh about for a long time. We had an amazing vacation. Thanks for having us at your wedding, Deirdre! It was so beautiful!
See the rest of the pictures on our Smugmug page.
3 years ago