Friday, July 11, 2008

6 hours


6 hours. I've estimated that I will be spending about 6 hours of awake time at home between now and when we leave for the airport on Sunday morning. (The rest of the time I'll be out playing and running. I have my priorities straight.) I have not spent one minute getting ready to leave for Hawaii. I still need to pack and finish altering the dress I'm wearing to the wedding (finding a modest summer dress that fits the color scheme of the wedding is practically impossible). Do you think 6 hours is enough time? I sure hope so.

4 comments:

LJ and DC said...

What color is the dress?? Good luck Moll, if anyone can do it it's you!

Molly said...

Well, the color scheme isn't that hard. Aqua-blues, whites, tans. But when you combine a specific color with certain modesty requirements AND want the dress to be summery, results are tragic. And I really can't stand wearing shrugs (they may look ok on some people, but I end up looking like a dork). So I'm doing a little modifying, which I always love to do. :)

Jenni said...

6 hours for two nights definitely sucks. But, it's doable (I've done it more than once). Hopefully you can sleep on planes. If not, take some Benadryl beforehand. Worked for me!

Molly said...

No, no, no. 6 hours of awake time. Not 6 hours of sleep. You can bet I'll be getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night. I adore my sleep and won't give that up. Hahaha.