Saturday, June 21, 2008

quality time

Well, we are now officially empty-nesters...well for the next 7 weeks, that is.

Dianna is in her new place enjoying her new life with BFF, Jill.

Richard is on his way to spend 7 weeks with his BFF, camp.

And I get to spend the next 7 weeks with my BFF, Rose. I mean, Christian.

I made Richard french toast this morning to celebrate going off to work at scout camp.

He was so excited to go that he could barely sleep last night, and he walked around all morning with a perma-grin. He made fun of me and said the breakfast was just to celebrate that I was so excited he'd be gone. After I assured him that the breakfast really was just for him, I reminded him once again that it has nothing to do with him. We love Richard. We love Dianna. We have a lot of fun with them. But regardless of who is living with us, sometimes we like to be home alone.

But do you know what Christian is doing to celebrate our first week alone? He's leaving on a business trip! So my first week alone will literally be spent alone. Lovely.

4 comments:

whitney said...

glad you guys can get some alone time. sad that christian's leaving you all alone for a few days. but you can totally live it up when he gets back!

Dana said...

I know how you feel, I will be home alone, well, I will have Max but Aaron will be gone for 2 whole weeks in Dallas for Junior Olympics. Boo-hoo.

Julia said...

well, enjoy those SIX weeks then. :)

d/b/c/m said...

wish i could hang out with you this week--at least grab a papusa or something! we're leaving for sedona today. enjoy your space!