Thursday, June 5, 2008

i'm too sexy for this blog

Christian and I just started going to the gym, and I love it! I'm usually an outdoors kind of exercise gal, but deep down inside I know the gym can do great things for me. That and I've been a total bum when it comes to exercising, so I couldn't use the excuse that I get plenty of exercise outside of a gym.

At Stanford we have free access to the nice new(ish) gym. Yep. That's my gym. Isn't it pretty?

Oh! That picture brought back a lovely memory. Inside those big windows is a very big room where they do group classes. When Christian and I walked in on Tuesday, there were at least 50 people lying with their backs on medicine balls doing pelvic thrusts toward the ceiling. I cannot tell you how incredibly funny it looked. I think Christian was ready to disown me when I looked at him and said, "Come on! That's like 50 people fake humping at the same time! How are you not laughing?!"

Moving on. It's really a shame that we haven't been using the gym on a regular basis. So now we go and Christian uses all the big weights while I struggle with 10- and 15-pounders. But I kicked his butt when we worked our abs doing plank on the mat. Take that, Christian! My abs can beat up your arms any day! Ok, maybe not.

Now I just need to figure out how to jump-start my running, biking, and swimming again. But for now I'm using my cold as a nice excuse to take it easy. Next week will be a different story.

So here's to getting buff and sexy.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Molly, you are hysterical. You know I would have laughed at the 50 people fake humping at the same time. Loudly. :)