Friday, May 9, 2008

comfort food?

I was talking to a medical student today about my annoying morning, and she said not to worry about it--that it's just not worth the wrinkles. So taking her advice, I have done what I can to enjoy the rest of my day. And I think I have done a pretty good job.

First, I have had my ipod on the entire day. Literally. I've been listening to my songs for 7 hours straight. And let me tell you--it is nice. Rockin' out in my little cubicle. Tapping my foot. Bobbing my head. Trying not to sing along since I do work in an office of cubicles. And do you know what? I have gotten A LOT done!

Second, I signed up as a shareholder in a local organic farm. If you haven't heard of Community Supported Agriculture (CSA), check it out. While browsing the web a couple weeks ago to find out which produce is in season, I came across Two Small Farms' site for a couple of farms in the Watsonville/Hollister area (my neck of the woods). I really wanted to sign up for their CSA program, but decided I just don't cook enough to justify getting an entire supply of produce every week. But a few days ago, I was checking Backyard Farming (a blog I frequent in order to dream about gardening) and saw this post about joining a CSA. It inspired me. I promised Christian I would start cooking if he let me sign up, and he was all for that idea. Unfortunately Two Small Farms is full for the 2008 season (like half the farms around here), so today I signed up for Full Belly Farm in Guinda, CA. I'll start getting produce in a couple weeks. Signing up definitely made me feel better.

And last but not least, I'm about to cut up an entire mango at my desk and eat it all. Mmmmmm.

Today has definitely turned out much better than it started. And tomorrow morning my mom, Ashley, and I are going to the Cabrillo Plant Sale. I plan on spending tomorrow afternoon rearranging my balcony garden to grow vegetables. Or maybe I'll be out rearranging at midnight tonight. I've been known to do that. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Ashley C. said...

That's so awesome. I've wanted to sign up for a CSA delivery! Not really sure why I haven't, but I do that a lot. Do they actually deliver to your house, or do you pick it up at a designated spot? I'm going to look into it, and maybe I'll sign up too!!

Molly said...

Ashley - Some places deliver to your house, but I like the idea of a pick-up spot better. Seems like less work for the farm. Most places just do pick-up spots. Mine is here in Mountain View.

You should do it! I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to talk about it on our way to SC tomorrow. :)

sarah said...

Hi Molly! I just read the comment you left on my blog about the time your dad electrocuted himself and had to laugh -- but only because he lived to tell the story!
Also, your haircut is really cute. If I knew you in real life I'd be jealous of such a fine chop.