Sunday, May 18, 2008

catch up

Lots of catch up and a million pictures! (No, really--there are a TON of pictures.)

Last Saturday: Cabrillo Plant Sale with Ashley, Mom, and Cindi. I somehow escaped with only 10 dollars worth of vegetable plants. I can't say the same for the other ladies. I think all these pictures are on my mom's camera and on my phone. Oops.

Last Sunday: Mother's Day at Tyler and Ashley's house! Yummy food. Lots of entertainment provided by Charlie and Diego. And good family time.

Flowers with my mom and a basil plant in a glass bell for Amy's birthday.


Mom opening her gift. Ivan hanging out in the background.


Tyler and his boys. Look at those cuties!


I couldn't get a good shot of Charlie, but I got a great shot of his beautiful hair!


One of Ashley's birthday gifts. We love cake stands! (Can you tell? She's saying "ooooh.")


Dad enjoying from the side.


Well hello, Max!


Ashley, me, and Christian.


Wednesday night: Christian didn't feel so good. So I made him dinner. I'm such a good wife. Yep. That's eggs and bacon.



Friday evening: Graduation! All done. It feels good. It was good to celebrate with family and good friends from the program. I will certainly miss seeing my classmates every week. Christian's family was there, too, but for some reason all the pictures with them must have been on my mom's camera. Graduation was a little unorganized, but that made it pretty amusing. I had no desire to walk in my undergrad graduation, but this was such an intimate small setting (less than 40 students at the ceremony) and I am so glad I went. Thank you, Christian, for putting up with my many evenings away at school, tutoring, and teaching! You have been so supportive, and I think it's time I come home after work and hang out with you. I love you!









Saturday: Family time up in Loomis. The day started with a 5K/10K in Folsom. It was HOT! I'm pretty sure it was almost 80 degrees when we started. That really doesn't sound that hot, but once you start running and the sun is beating down on you, it feels a lot hotter than that. Not to mention they had 2 water stops in the first 2 1/2 miles, and then nothing until after mile 5. We were seriously looking for water stops around every turn, but no such luck. It really was that hot. But then we got to hang out at the park after the race eating and relaxing.

Camden and Quincee running the kids fun run. Notice them smoking that kid to their right. Go girls!


Go Camden! (She walked the 5K with my mom after the kids run.)


Go Quincee!


This was the finish line. Talk about lots of people!


Ian and me recovering in the shade. Dad walked the 5K pushing a stroller. He deserves a round of applause, too.

Amy playing with Diego.


Dad and Mom enjoying the shade.


Poor Charlie lost his balloon. He's watching it fly away. His face says everything.


Quincee showing off her race number. (Turns out all of the kids were #1.)


I think this is my favorite picture of Camden from the weekend.


Tyler and Ashley rocked the 5K. They smoked Ian and me right at the start and disappeared into the crowd.


Christian ran the 1/2-mile fun run with the girls. I'm so proud of him.


I got in the car and looked in the mirror and had to take a double take. Yep, that is my melasma worse than it has ever been. Wow. It faded later that day, but I couldn't believe how dark it was.


The rest of the day consisted of swimming, eating napping, playing with babies, and eating a little more.

Taitum met us at the door all ready to swim!


Christian and Sutton. Aren't they adorable?


Max blowing bubbles for me. Sadly, Tyler and Ashley had to rush off to a wedding, so we didn't get much Charlie and Max time.


Sutton and Max. It was really cute watching them interact.


Mom and Diego.


The girls--all ready for the pool!


Christian and the babies!


Me and Sutton!


Taitum the swimmer!


My dad and Diego are such good buddies.


Nice jump, Quincee!


He's such a model!


Diego FINALLY got in the water and he loved it!


Mom, Quincee, and Tait.


We found a black widow in the little pool slide. Scary! But Dad and Ian killed it.


Notice the water flying at the camera.


I love this shot of Camden.


Ian cooking the meat while Kitty slaved away inside on the rest of the food. Wait! I didn't end up with any pictures of Kitty! Or Ashley! How did they manage that?

Hanging out with Amy.


Incredible! We called the the Taitum Pole! Christian entertained the girls in the pool for hours. They love him!


Taitum floating for me.


Sunday: April was nice enough to pick up my first box of produce from the Full Belly Farm and Christian and I walked over to her house after church to pick it up. Of course, I gave her half the produce in exchange for picking up the box for me, so this is my half. And as promised, I helped cook dinner by making roasted potatoes and carrots.





It has been a great couple of weeks. Hope you enjoyed all the pictures!

9 comments:

Tyler said...

It was a fun weekend. Wish we could have stuck around to go swimming. Thanks for getting us all up there.

Julia said...

GREAT pics, Molly. Congratulations on graduation (you looked beautiful in your cap/gown!) and defeating a very hot 10K! Those are awful. I cannot believe how big your nieces and nephews are getting!! GEEZ! Diego is one little hottie man. :)

Ashley C. said...

Aw, you all look like you had so much fun in Loomis! Sorry I missed it. You have a bunch of great shots too, by the way!

whitney said...

congrats on your graduation... that is such an awesome accomplishment! you have some darling nieces and nephews.

Kaylynn said...

1. The eggs and bacon dish make you the cutest wife ever. I am going to steal your idea (but of course give you credit).

2. Most people don't believe me, but I think crazy freckles are cute because they somehow accentuate features...like the brown against eyes, or red lips...or whatever. I always envied girls who had a ton of freckles.

3. Yay for Master Molly! Did you already celebrate? I hope not. I would like an invite pleeease!

Molly said...

Tyler--You definitely should have stayed. We'll have to do it again another weekend when you don't have a wedding to rush off to.

Julia--Thanks! It was hot hot hot. I'm just not used to that after all our SF races!

Ashley--We definitely missed you. And I always complain about my camera, but it definitely served me well this weekend.

Whitney--Thank you!!

Kaylynn--Making the eggs and bacon into a face was actually Richard's idea. Can I still be the cutest wife ever? And I totally agree on the freckles thing, but melasma often just looks like dirt. You'll have to give me your in-person opinion. And you bet we're celebrating! The evite should go out sometime today or tomorrow or soon. :)

The Bundys said...

Congrats I am jealous! Good Job

ryan, maren and leah said...

i've heard a bit about the full belly farms thing...do you like it?

and i love the goatee (sp?) on christian's eggs. hilarious.

Veronica Cleverly said...

Christian is going to be such a great dad! The pictures with him and the babies and the girls just fit!