Wednesday, April 23, 2008

buzz cut

I've had a headache on and off for the past 3 days. I never get headaches. I'm just lucky like that. Growing up I always felt so bad for my sister. She always had headaches. I never did.

So of course what I consider to be a horrible headache is probably about a 2.0 on the richter scale. (For those of you who don't live in earthquake country, that's teeny weeny.) But to me it's huge.

And my reaction almost every time? It's my hair. I know it. My hair is too heavy. Take out the clip. Un-do my pony tail. Lay down so that my head doesn't have to carry the weight.

Do I think about taking medicine? Nope--that would be too logical. Do I think I need to drink more water? Nope--that would be too easy. Instead, I think about chopping my hair off. I know it's ridiculous. I don't have that much hair. But that's my thought every time. Chop it off. It can't cause a headache if it's only an inch long, right?

I came to my senses and I still have all my hair. And I just popped some tylenol and filled up my bottle of water. I guess I'll try that first. Wish me luck.

Oh! And speaking of hair, I'm torn. Blonde or Brunette?? After an entire year of being brunette, I'm finally starting to miss being blonde. I have no idea what to do. My blonde hair was a little blah, so I'd probably go a little more blonde than my natural color. But at the same time, I feel like my dark hair was more striking. (Not that I'm calling myself striking.)

What's your vote?









This just in: Maybe I should go RED! Hahaha. Sometimes when our medical students meet me face to face, they're surprised I'm young just like them. They just assume I'm old, because I work in the office, or because I'm nice in my emails. Yeah, one of them told me that. But last night one of our medical students said he always pictured me young and hot because my last name is like the bassist from Hole, Melissa Auf der Mauer:



Sure, you can compare me to a sassy rocker chick anytime!

It's so hard to decide!!!

10 comments:

Dana said...

I love your dark hair. You do look striking!

Chris said...

Not hard to decide at all, blond! (that doesn' mean the dark isn't flattering, it is)

Julia Wade said...

i say you look fantastic dark. :) my second choice would be that more natural looking blond. you look hot any way though, moll. that's for sure!

Mer. said...

I vote for platinum blond or auburn!

Although, I must say you look great with dark hair...I've been living my dream through you. I've always wanted to go dark, but am too chicken!

Ashley C. said...

I like your dark hair...and we must have some sort of weird hair connection thing cause I've been contemplating going red lately! Eerie.

Josh, Veronica, and Savannah said...

You could make a year out of it. Winter brown, spring sandy, summer blonde, and fall light brown/auburn. It is perfection. You get it all!

LKC said...

I vote for blonde. Especially for CA in the summer. But you are a beautiful burnette too.

Kaylynn said...

Number 3 Number 3!

Bonnie said...

I vote BLONDE BLONDE... that would be a fun change! I love seeing you with different hair every time I see you in person. You're gorgeous, so you can pull anything off, but I think you could really pull off the blonde look. Maybe Gwen Stefani?? Or maybe not. But you were the person who introduced me to her... way back in the day! :)

Jenni said...

I love Molly with any color hair, but I think I love blonde Molly the most.