Wednesday, March 5, 2008

war of the vegetables

The other day I went to the gym at lunch and grabbed some healthy food on the way back to my desk. Broccoli, cherry tomatoes, tofu, kidney beans, half a hard-boiled egg, and a wheat roll. Everything was so yummy that I picked at it as I walked, and it was gone by the time I got back to my desk.



Today I went running at lunch and grabbed the same healthy food on the way back to my desk. It's all gross. I ate the egg, half the broccoli, forgot to get cherry tomatoes, and can't quite force myself to eat the tofu and kidney beans. They taste so gross today. Why is that? Why did they taste so good the other day, but not today?

This is why I have a hard time eating enough veggies. If I want them, I scarf them down. If I don't want them, I can't even force myself to choke them down.

So I ate a yogurt parfait with strawberries instead. Not quite the same, but still better than the peanut M&Ms in the vending machine, right? (Maybe I'll grab some of those later...)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I hate veggies. Vile weeds!

Ryan said...

I know just how you feel. Trying to eat healthy can really be difficult sometimes.

Which is why I've resolved to eat only hot pockets and spoonfuls of butter. Sure, I may have gained 60 pounds in the last month...

...but I now look forward to dinner like never before.

Josh, Veronica, and Savannah said...

Yum! Yogurt parfait...I could totally go for one of those right now. Veggies are so good but even if I have them I don't often eat them. The ones I buy I like but when I look at them verses stuff that isn't so good for me I opt for the isn't so good for me stuff. I really need to change that.

Kaylynn said...

....or FREE peanut m&ms here at work that taunt me every day. It's a sickness. I think you should be glad you like veggies. I like them as well...be glad you are making yourself stronger!