Thursday, March 6, 2008

rock on, baby

Let's talk music. If you had to pick 5 artists/songs to recommend to the world today, what would they be?

These are my picks today (they may be different tomorrow)--in no particular order:

1. Si*Se - I came across this band on itunes. I really don't know much about them, but I love the album I have. Check them out.



2. Bebel Gilberto - New York-born Brazilian. Bossa Nova style. Portuguese is beautiful.



3. Hot Hot Heat - I liked this band when Christian first brought them home. But after seeing them live, I love this band. They were so good live. In fact, I don't think their recorded music does them justice now. By the time we left, I told Christian I had a crush on the lead singer. I was afraid to look up anything about him, because (1) he looked really cute from far away and I didn't want to spoil that, and (2) he looked like he was about 16 and I didn't want to confirm that. Turns out he's not so bad up close (kind of a pretty boy, but I can get over that) and he's almost 30 years old. It's a legitimate crush now.



4. Starsailor - I love his whiny voice. Whiny R&B? Can't stand. Whiny bands from the UK? Love love love them. These songs always bring back memories from Spain. I listened to them a lot when I lived there.



5. Black Eyed Peas "Pump It" - Hee. I know this totally doesn't go along with the rest, but I just can't get enough of it today. Makes me want to go dance.



Ok. Your turn. What's on your playlist today?

2 comments:

Julia Wade said...

i am on a serious classical kick lately. appalachian spring ballet suite by aaron copland, and i'm super into john mayer's new singles coming out. also enjoying alexi murdoch (see his time without consequences album) so there you go.

Jenni said...

Yesterday it was Blur, today I forgot my iPod, so not much. Lately I've been totally into folk and 60's rock, though. Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Simon and Garfunkel. Oh, and I've also been getting into Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.