Thursday, March 20, 2008

interesting facts #2

Interesting fact about my name. But it's really an interesting fact about my brother.

I came home from the hospital without a name. I have a birth certificate ammendment to prove it. I didn't have a name for a month. My parents just couldn't decide. They would call me a name for a little while, decide it wasn't right, and try a new one.

Allison was in the running (as well as Erin, Emily, and, um, help me out here Mom...). My brother Tyler was 5 years old at the time, and he had a crush on a girl named Allison. When my family decided to demote "Allison" to my middle name, my brother didn't give up. To him, my name was Allison. I guess he really liked this little girl.

One day when I was in college, my brother said, "Guess who I saw?" Uh, no idea. "Allison!" Keep in mind up until this point I had never heard the story about this little girl. "Allison who?" "The one you're named after--and she's still hot!"

Gotta love my brother.

2 comments:

Josh, Veronica, and Savannah said...

hahaha...well, you will never be Allison to me. You are forever Molly in my heart

Tyler said...

Allison was definitely hot. I still remember that fateful day in kindergarden when she hung from the monkey bars and asked if anyone wanted to kiss her. I wanted so bad to step up to the opportunity of a lifetime (I was 5 so it really was the biggest opportunity I had ever had). Unfortunately TJ Dickens ran up and kissed her first. Dang it! I would always be left to wonder what could have been.