I want a dog. I want a big dog. I want a Great Dane.
Someday I'll get a Great Dane from the Gentle Giants Rescue down in Southern California. (The pictures below are from their site: http://www.gentlegiantsrescue.com/.
Reasons why we can't have a Great Dane:
1. Our apartment complex doesn't allow pets. We might even be breaking the rules with hermit crabs.
2. Even if we moved to an apartment that allowed dogs, most have a weight limit of about 50 pounds. That's only half a Great Dane.
3. Even if we lived in an apartment that allowed dogs as big as Great Danes, who knows where we'll be in a couple years, and trying to move and find a place that takes another huge dog might be impossible.
4. If we ever need to manage apartments (in order to survive with these ridiculous housing prices), having a huge dog would pretty much guarantee we wouldn't find a position.
5. Neither of us are home during the day. I can't justify getting a dog and leaving it all by itself all day every day.
Well take a look at that. It all boils down to the price of housing. If the prices of houses weren't so high, I could stop working, we could buy a house, we could get a dog, and I could stay home with the dog. Ok, ok. I guess I'd have to add a baby into that equation so I could justify staying at home. But the dog would be the icing on the cake. :)
My coworker just told me that his dad has a Great Dane and that they would give it to me in a second. "No really, if you wanted him, my dad would probably give him to you." Don't tempt me. PLEASE don't tempt me.
UPDATE: Christian just called me and told me the company is moving faster than we thought. He'll be working from home starting sometime in the next couple weeks. Ok, we can now scratch problem #5 off the list. Now if we could just find a way to fix problems #1-4...
3 years ago