Monday, March 17, 2008

husband-tagged?

I've been husband-tagged! I had so much fun reading about my tagger's husband that I figured I couldn't pass this one up. Anyone want to know more about Christian? (As if I didn't write enough about him already...)

What is your husband's name? Christian (not Chris)

How long have you been together? Together almost 5 years, married almost 4.

How long did you date? Only one year. But he was in the same group of friends, and they all approved, so I didn't care.

Who eats more? Him. I think. But if you include all my snacking, I'm not so sure.

Who said I love you first? He did--I had just put the Wheatley girls to bed (I was their nanny) and he said I would make a wonderful mom someday. Awwww.

Who is taller? Christian. By about 4 inches. Sometimes I forget he's that much taller til we take a picture and I see us next to each other.

Who has more speeding tickets? Me. But he speeds more!!

Who is smarter? I have to go with B's answer here. Me in academia. Him in common sense. I'm pretty good in the common sense area, but sometimes he amazes me with things that I never would have thought of.

Who is more sensitive? In what way? We're both pretty sensitive and insensitive to each other. I swear we're never going to learn. Who should keep their mouth shut more often? Definitely me.

Who does the laundry? Before--him. Now that we have a washer and dryer, it's pretty even.

Who does the dishes? Everyone. We have very strict dish rules in my house. Wash them right when you use them. If someone else cooks for you, you do the dishes.

Who sleeps on the right? If you're standing at the foot of the bed, it's Christian. We actually started out on opposite sides, but we were both sleeping horribly. One day we switched and now we never want to wake up.

Who pays the bills? I track everything and pay everything. We could be $50,000 in debt and he would never know. Don't worry, babe--I'd tell you.

Who mows the lawn? Uh, who around here has a lawn?? But Christian wants a HUGE lawn someday, so it will definitely be his job. I'll garden.

Who cooks dinner? Christian. Hands down.

Who drives when you are together? Christian. I don't like driving. I'd rather talk or sleep.

Who is more stubborn? Depends on the topic. We're both pretty stubborn.

Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? Me, but only because I'm usually the one who causes the mess, so I'm usually the one apologizing.

Whose parents do you see more often? Mine, although his live closer. My family just does a lot together.

Who has more siblings? Me. I have 4 (I'm the youngest). He has 3 (He's the oldest).

Who wears the pants in the family? Both of us, but maybe more me. Only because I'm often the enforcer in my home. I'm not sure. Christian? What do you think?

Who eats more sweets? Definitely me. I'm sweet. He's salty.

Guilty pleasures? His? Shopping. He loves to go buy himself things--especially clothes. But only if he gets them at a great discount.

How did you meet? Through my group of friends in the young adult ward in Cupertino. When I came home from college he and his sister, Veronica, had joined into my group of friends. I actually thought he was dating her since they showed up to everything together. Took me a couple weeks to figure out they were just siblings. I was so relieved, because she was pretty cute.

Who asked who out first? I asked him out. Kind of. I invited Lenessa to the Hollister Rodeo, but she said (right in front of Christian), "I'm busy that day, but Christian isn't!" Slick, Lenessa. Slick.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me. On the cheek. It was really cute.

Who proposed? He did. On a cloudy day at Natural Bridges in Santa Cruz--after we fed sea snails to the sea anemones. He asked some lady to take a picture of us, so we have the entire thing in pictures.

Best Feature? Oh goodness. This is hard. Can I say his overall appearance? I just think he is so cute. And so photogenic.

Best personality trait? He loves to laugh. He even laughs in his sleep.

Pet names? That I call him? Babe. Sweetie. Lover. I think lover is my favorite.

Where do I see us in 15 years? Realizing we already did this whole teenager thing and wondering why exactly we have to do it again. :) Oh, and hopefully we'll have a house by then.

What is my favorite thing about him? He never talks bad about people. Yes, he'll call people names on the road, but he always has really good things to say about people he knows or meets. He is so polite, he sits and chats with my grandma, he's a good sport when I have people over he doesn't know, and people always really like him (except at his soccer night where he's pretty outspoken and strict). I love seeing him interact with people.

Hmmmm. I'm officially tagging anyone who wants to do this on their blog.

So you tell me, what do you like about Christian?

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Christian can make Charlie laugh harder than anybody and always seems genuinely happy to play with him.

Josh, Veronica, and Savannah said...

I love my brother! I like the whole package because there are just so many great things about him that it would be an injustice to just pick one.

Sally Teeple said...

How funny. My husband's also the salty-snack eater in our house, and I'm the cookies/candy addict. Maybe men just need more salt in their diet, and women need more ... chocolate.