Friday, March 28, 2008

bad memory

Having a bad memory is horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible. In fact, it has already ruined my day and it's only 10:25am.

In my job, I pretty much do my own thing at my desk--all day, every day. I don't have many meetings, and when I do, they are never before 10am. SO when I do have a meeting or something I have to do early in the morning, I sometimes forget. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, I feel like an idiot.

Let's take this morning for example. We woke up late (problem #1), I remembered that my bike was still at work (problem #2), Christian seemed pretty annoyed at the idea of waiting for me so I didn't bother making him take me to the train (problem #3), so I walked to the station hoping to catch the next train (problem #4), and part way to the station, my coworker called me to see why I wasn't at work yet (worst problem of all #5).

If I had remembered I needed to be at work early, I would have made sure I got up early.

If I had remembered I needed to be at work early, I would have told Christian he had no choice but to wait a bit and take me to the train.

If I had remembered I needed to be at work early, I would have called another coworker to cover my butt so I didn't look dumb.

But I have a bad memory. So I did none of these. And now I wish it were already the weekend. :(

1 comment:

Josh, Veronica, and Savannah said...

Oh no!! At least you were fashionable late right? The only thing I have to worry about is being on time to play dates and church. Those days will come soon enough for you.