Thursday, February 28, 2008

who wants to smell like pickles?

Who wants to smell like pickles? Ooh! Me! Pick me!



And how about a hint of tuna just to balance it out? Yes! That would be wonderful!

So every Thursday I order food for our meeting. I walk to the cafe and pick up the big box of food. Trust me--it's hefty. I call it my Thursday workout.

I do this every Thursday. And every Thursday it works out just fine. But today I got halfway back from the cafe and felt something wet on my belly. Oh no.

I put down the box and looked down at my black shirt. Sure enough, there was a wet spot that had soaked through to my skin. Probably some water. I wiped at it (mainly just to dry it and be back on my way), pretty much spreading it around on my shirt. It was a black shirt. It didn't really matter. But then I had this great idea to smell my hand. I mean, what if it wasn't water?

Pickle juice. One of the sandwiches had leaked pickle juice. Onto my shirt. Through my shirt. Onto my skin. And now? All over my hands. Of course, in my desbelief, I smelled my hand again. What's that? Tuna! That's right folks. Pickle juice from a tuna sandwich.



So I delivered the sandwiches to my meeting, telling my coworker that I'd be right back--I had to go to the bathroom and try to wash off my pickle and tuna perfume. He promptly responded, "Oh, is that what I smelled?" Great. I'm not the only person who can smell it.

So three hours later I'm still catching whiffs of pickle and tuna. Gross. I can't wait to go home.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

For a desk job, you have some nasty stuff happen to you at work!

Ashley said...

That was like the worst grammar sentence ever. Next to that one I just wrote.

Josh, Veronica, and Savannah said...

I used to eat a lot of pickle and tuna sandwiches. They were my favorite. What happened you may ask? Well, I ate too many and not I can't stand them.

Josh, Veronica, and Savannah said...

I meant now I can't stand them...oopppss

Ashley (tylers sister...not wife) said...

Ew gross, I'm gonna call you Pickle Juice now, stinky.

Jenni said...

I don't know Molly. That picture you have on here makes pickles look sexy!