Thursday, February 21, 2008

mullet mania

My wonderful friend, Lindsey, cut my hair last night. I have never been quite so excited about a hair cut. She literally took off an entire head's worth of hair. I know, because I saw it all on the floor. My hair is still long, but it is SO much thinner! My ponytail looked like a horse tail when I first got there.



I'm not even exaggerating. It's normal-person hair now.

The funny thing is that my sister, Ashley, was getting her hair cut the same day. After talking to her, I figured out we both wanted our hair cut the same way. We were going to be twinners! I couldn't find any pictures of what I wanted, but she gave me some inspiration. I can't wait to see her hair in person!

I didn't want the typical pop star layered look. I'm kind of over that.

Not what I'm looking for.


Nope. Definitely not it.


I really wanted a little more of an messy, casual indie-layered look (which is how I often end up doing my hair anyway).

Helps that she's just super cute in general.


My bangs aren't this thick, but I'm considering it.


Ashley told me to look up pictures of Zooey. I'm so glad she did. Adorable!


I know the styles might not look all that different, but to me they definitely are. I was a little afraid to try it, because I hate looking like I'm trying to be something I'm not, and I wasn't sure the hair would be me. Does that make sense? Lindsey did a great job. I love it. And I definitely feel like me. In fact, I went easy on the bangs just to try it out, but I'm thinking I'd already like to make them thicker.

So I got home, and Christian just kind of looked at me. Turned his head a little to the side. Gave me that hang-on-I'm-thinking kind of look, then said, "Ok, so don't take this the wrong way, but it kind of looks like a mullet."

My response?

Then you'd better learn to like mullets, because I love it!



Pictures of my hair coming as soon as I remember to charge my camera batteries...

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Yes now we are dying to see the pictures. I hope it really is a mullet. That would be awesome!

Julia Wade said...

such a build up and no picture of your hair?! boooooooo! :) love to see pictures soon. i miss lindsey!!!!!

Molly said...

I know! I know! The barbie was the best I could do with no camera! I promise I'll post it tonight.

Mer. said...

Molly,
You are too cool. Of all my friends, I trust you most with a mullet.

I'm trying to grow my hair out too (it's not even to my chin yet!) into some cool funky indie thing. Give me a couple of years and I'll let you know if I ever get there!

By the way, I am so jealous that you have a gold and red couch!

Josh, Veronica, and Savannah said...

YEA!! You joined the "dramatical hair change" club. It sure does feel good! Can't wait to see it!