Friday, February 29, 2008

good day sunshine

Today has been awesome. Let me tell you why:

1. I got to work at 7:30am. Good job, Molly!

2. I was hired to teach an evening ESL class in East Palo Alto! My very own class. They already meet twice a week in their regular class, but I'll teach the third night to help them develop speaking, pronunciation, listening, and some literacy. It's going to be all about fun activities that get students talking and interacting so they have the confidence they need to interact in English. And the curriculum is wide open. I'd better get started. I start this coming week.

3. I was also hired to develop a curriculum for a youth ESL program. This will be more of a challenge. At first I thought it sounded kind of boring (curriculum development doesn't exactly scream fun), but now I am anxious to get started. I also start next week. It's going to be a busy weekend.

4. Christian surprised me with an ipod Nano! I lost my mini a while back, and I've been wanting a new one. We had decided it wasn't worth the expense, but he surprised me anyway. What a cutie! He told me the deal was that I had to pay for the Nike+ system out of my own allowance. No problem!



5. Understandably, I needed an armband so I could actually run with it. I stopped by Best Buy on my way back from EPA, looking for this ($20 at Target):



I ended up finding the same armband but in pink and brown for breast cancer awareness! It was only $5 and $2.50 of it goes directly to breast cancer awareness and research. Score! I can't find a picture online, but I'll take one soon.

In all my excitement (numbers 2, 3, and 5 all occurred within a half hour), I forgot to look for a little pod to hold the Nike+ sensor. But that's what Target is for, right?

So I have a new job (read: additional) and a new toy. What a good day!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Cool--congrats on the new job(s)!!! Glad you have found something to keep you busy.

d/b/c/m said...

Yeah for your new job! I'm SURE you'll L-O-V-E it. I love my job more every time I go (and I started out liking it). You'll have to let me know how it goes.

Josh, Veronica, and Savannah said...

Congrats on the job! AND congrats on the music! Christian is so thoughtful. What a great gift. I have could go shopping at Target when ever I wanted I think I would forget stuff too. It makes as excuse to go back.

Denae said...

That is all great news. Your job sounds very cool. And I've been secretly wanting a new ipod. I have the old school mini and it's just so big compared to the nano! So fun that he surprised you!