Thursday, January 3, 2008

let it snow

It's snowing in the Sierras! I got so excited about the stormy weather and immediately said, "When are we going to Tahoe??!!" His answer? "Tomorrow." Wait, what? He was totally serious. Christian and I are flying home from Alabama tomorrow morning. We're getting into the airport around 10am. Let's drive to Tahoe as soon as we get home. I immediately said, "Ok! Yay! Let's go to Tahoe!!"

We are obviously lacking sleep and common sense. It is storming in the mountains, we've been on the road for 6 days, Christian drove about 2400 miles, and we were actually considering driving up to the mountains. Wow.

Of course, we came to our senses. We're not driving to Tahoe. Maybe next weekend when it stops snowing and there are 6 feet of new snow for us to play in. Can't wait!

Snapshot from Homewood's webcam: http://www.skihomewood.com/visitor5.html.

6 comments:

The Wades said...

you and you snow people, geez! it snows at my house for 15 minutes and i freak out. it didn't even stick, don't worry. happy winter time snowboarding! yay.

Julie and Lenny said...

i wouldn't go to tahoe this weekend because it's supposed to be insane storms.....not "good powder", but insane, can't drive or go outside weather. but i bet next week will be nice!

Josh, Veronica, and Savannah said...

Take me with you!!!

LJ said...

no way dude. its a blizzard up there. I'm not even exaggerating. That's what weather.com said. Blizzard conditions in the sierras.

Ed & Lindsey said...

You are so adventurous!! Sounds like you and Christian are having a lot of great time together. Take advantage! Ed and I have talked about maybe going to Tahoe sometime this year. We'd have to rent gear, but it would be fun to meet up...I know you go often. :) I still need to stop by your house sometime.

Jennie said...

I used to love the snow, until we'd get literally 8 inches in an hour. Ugh. Hope you guys had a MERRY CHRISTMAS! Have a great New Year too!!