Thursday, January 31, 2008

the last kid picked

Oh, it was so sad. Sad to the point that I left class feeling like the last kid picked for a game of kick ball.



So every semester the MA TESOL program at San Jose State administers a comprehensive exam for graduating students. And every semester the graduating students form study groups and meet weekly throughout the semester to study and prepare.

On Tuesday night I went to the first class of my last semester. It was like coming home. I knew everyone and they knew me. I love the people in my MA program. I even met up with some friends I hadn't seen in almost a year.

Before class I asked a friend if she had started thinking about a study group for the comps. Yes she had and would I like to join? They'd love to have me! And they're meeting every other Thursday at 1:30pm. Sigh. I work full time. Sorry--I won't be able to study with you guys.

After class I heard two friends talking about schedules, and I asked if they were forming a study group. Yes! Please study with us! When are you meeting? Monday or Wednesday mornings. Sigh. I work full time. Sorry--I won't be able to study with you guys.

The only thing that made me feel better was the fact that the other girls looked almost as disappointed as I did.

Working full time and being a night student sucks. That's all there is to it.

1 comment:

Josh, Veronica, and Savannah said...

At least you would have been picked if you didn't work a real job