Thursday, December 20, 2007

want to walk a mile in my shoes?

No, really. Would you like to walk a mile in my shoes?

Because that's what I did last night. In pointy-toed, high-heel stilettos.



This is how my evening went down:

Because I had left my bike at work, Christian took me to the train in the morning, and I just planned on riding my bike back to the train after work. I wore my pointy-toed, high-heel stilettos. No big deal. I've ridden my bike in them before. I look silly, but other than that it's just the same as riding with normal shoes--only your toes are on the pedal anyway.

I left work at 4:50pm, with just enough time to ride to the train. Or so I thought. By the time I got on my bike, I was very late. And then it started raining on the way to the train. No big deal. I had on my trusty water-resistant windbreaker from Sports Basement.



I got to the train station just as the train, the 22 bus, and the 522 bus were all pulling away. That sucks.

So I waited about 15 minutes for the next bus. It came, I put my bike on the front, and I played Tetris on my phone on the way home. Not so bad.

I got off the bus in Mountain View, got on my bike, rode about 50 feet, and noticed a strange sound coming from my front tire. As I watched it, I noticed something shiny on the tire going around and around and around. So I stopped and pulled out a nice sharp chunk of glass. Great. Just great.

I kept riding hoping that it hadn't punctured the inner tube. No suck luck. Less than a block later I had a completely flat tire.

By this time I was about a mile from home. So I hoofed it the last mile in my pointy-toed, high-heel stilettos. Keep in mind that this trek included a romp through the mud in the park where they were doing construction on the sidewalk.

So it took me an hour and ten minutes to get home, but I made it!

And not one blister or hot spot.

I love my shoes.

10 comments:

Tyler said...

Midway through your post (which I enjoyed by the way) you coined a phrase I think I'm going to have to adopt for future use. "No suck luck." Not sure what it means, but I like the sound of it.

The Wades said...

i wore those shoes today!! though i would not DARE ride a bike in them. you are one brave girl, molly.

Molly said...

Ha! Look at me. An inventor of phrases. I could correct it, but I kind of like the sound of it, too. Nice call, Tyler.

Cleverly Corner said...

That is awesome! I mean it sucks. Those shoes are beautiful! There is nothing like having an awesome pair of shoes that don't kill you feet. I once cut down a christmas tree for Alain Pinel in high heels and a skirt. It was an interesting adventure because it rained the night before. I wish I had a camera.

Ashley said...

Why didn't you call us for a ride you crazy girl!?! The thought of you on a bike with those heels and windbreaker is hilarious.

ryan, maren and leah said...

you need to strap a camera to your keychain, friend. we need pictures of you life...too funny.

Molly said...

As soon as I get a little teeny weeny camera, you'd better believe I'm going to carry that thing with me everywhere.

The Harmans said...

That's impressive!! No blisters or anything?? I need me a pair of those shoes. :) Nice work!

Jenni said...

Molly, I always hope I'll see you on the train, but I never do!

Ashley (tylers sister...not wife) said...

When I picture you riding your road bike in those shoes I can't help but giggle...giggle giggle giggle