1) My post about my marathon is coming soon. Just haven't had a chance to upload all the photos and get my thoughts down on paper.
2) At my meeting on Monday, someone set a platter of cookies on a platform placed precariously on an extra conference phone which had been set on a conference-room chair. Not realizing the platter wasn't stable, I reached for a cookie. Upon touching the cookie (not even lifting it up, just touching it), the entire platter slid of and all the cookies went flying. How embarassing.
3) I need my readers' opinions: How much would someone have to pay YOU to drive their moving truck across the country? Would it be worth it?
4) I'm back on track with the getting-in-super-shape-and-maybe-even-a-six-pack thing. I don't like New Years Resolutions because no one ever keeps them. So my plan is to get it done before New Years. Honestly, it's really hard. But I ran my marahon and now I'm ready to make every muscle in my body sore--starting with my butt. My inspiration? Last month's Runners World cover. I mean, who wouldn't want those abs?
5) I only have one group project and one paper due. Then I'm done with this semester.
6) Tell me--how do you find a balance? Constantly being practical and always sacrificing to prepare for your financial future, and living your life to enjoy it and being care-free enough to follow your dreams and know that it will all work out in the end.
7) I really want a Christmas tree. A full-sized Christmas tree. This will be our first big tree. I think I might pop if I don't get one this week. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get a nice tree for not too much money?
8) We have squirrels on our roof (or in our roof--I can't tell--but I think they live IN the roof). Sometimes we can hear them running around. One of them eats my tomatoes--stupid squirrel! They're lucky they're cute. Lately, around 7am every morning, they get into a scuffle. I can hear them running around right above my bed. They wake me up. And I love it. If they were rats, I'd be grossed out. But because they are squirrels, I think it's great. I love hearing animals--birds, squirrels, dogs, cats, horses, cows, chickens. But in my apartment, I have to settle for the sound of squirrels running around. I take what I can get.
3 years ago