Wanted: the perfect pair of boots. I have only owned a couple pairs of boots in my adult life. I know that sounds absolutely absurd, but it's true. I am so incredibly picky when it comes to boots that I never buy any (and those I did buy were just because I gave up on my perfect boot). But every winter I start my search all over again. I've been looking for my ideal boots since the Winter of 2000. While in Spain I actually considered paying a shoe-maker to design my ideal boots, but I figured they wouldn't look just right and I'd be stuck with really expensive, not-quite-right boots.
While there are plenty of very cute boots out there, these are my dream boots...
* Black, but not shiny
* A pair in brown, too, if possible
* Flat heel or very (very) small wedge
* Square toe
* Flat toe, meaning that if you look at the toe from the side, the top is not rounded
* Thin sole
* Knee-high (mid/high-calf length would be nice, but doesn't work so well with big calves)
* Slim in the ankle
* Not too slim in the calf (I can't zip up some boots because I have big calves)
* Simple yet original stitching on the toe
* No buckles or other ornamentation
* No saggy, bulldog-looking design
These would be cute if they had more of a square toe and were a little tighter in the ankle (since they'll most likely stretch out and become saggy):
These are actually pretty cute (same criticism as the pair above), but who has $500 to spend on a pair of boots?
Cute, but not perfect (kind of military-esque)...
In fact, can someone just look at the basic shape of an old pair of square-toed Diesel shoes and design a pair of sleek black-leather knee-high boots from them, please?
3 years ago