Tuesday, September 25, 2007

good idea / bad idea #6: first aid kits

Good idea: Keeping a first-aid kit for emergencies.

Bad idea: Keeping your only first-aid kit in your car and finding yourself half naked in your bedroom at 7 in the morning with a 2-inch-long cut on your hand that is starting to bleed and your husband is on a work trip in Las Vegas and you live with your husband's little brother and sister so you can't just go running around half-naked so you struggle to put your clothes on with a bleeding hand just so you can run out and get something to put on your hand until you can find your shoes and get out to the car to get the first-aid kit!

At least I knew where my keys were for once...

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh no! What happened???

Molly said...

Oh, I'm just an idiot. I was trying to put away our laundry drying rack (thought it would be a great idea to put it away before work so I wouldn't have to do it after). I tried to pull up on the top in order to fold it up, and I couldn't get it to detatch. SO of course I just pulled harder until it finally gave way. Only problem was that it was broken and being held together with a bent bobby pin (yes, we are ingenious). The bobby pin totally cut my hand. That's what I get for trying to not procrastinate. :)

LJ said...

OI vey! I can relate to the missing first aid kit!

Mer said...

Molly!! Oh no! Once the same thing happened to me...only it was from a nail in a bunk bed at Camp Ritchie. Of course, no first aid kit to be found (and this was at Girls' Camp of all places...if I had been a Boy Scout I would have lost a merit badge).

I hope your hand gets better.

The Wades said...

hope your little hand is ok!!

Tyler said...

A bloody hand and no pictures? That's the stuff blogs are made of. Hope your hand gets better.

firepronevada said...

To buy a first aid kit for your needs can be a daunting task. There are so many types or varieties around. How do you know you can buy the right one. This First Aid Kit Buyer's Guide will help you to find the first aid kit that you want.

First Aid Kits