Wednesday, August 29, 2007

wanted: time

Christian and I held our first "Family Home Evening" last Sunday with our new household. I taught a lesson on the value of work (education, church callings and personal spirituality, employment, developing talents, etc.). As part of this lesson, we all wrote down four goals and the steps we were going to take to reach those goals.

One of my goals was to make a bigger difference in my workplace. This means going beyond my work duties to implement change and improve processes. If any of you had my job, you know this isn't the easiest task. But as one of the steps to meeting that goal, I decided that I would not blog at work and that I would only check my email at certain times during the day. I know most people already do this, but if you had my job, you'd probably check your email all day, too.

So my goal was to blog at night when I'm at home.

Yeah. Right.

So I've been driving Richard and Meghan to seminary at 5:45am, getting to work on time, working my butt off, going to class right after work, tutoring after work the days I don't have class, driving Dianna around and hounding her to turn in job applications, making sure Richard is doing his homework (and that he's doing it well), not running or exercising, and trying to hang out with Christian on the side. So although I have a million things to blog about every day, I just haven't had the chance. Hopefully I can find some time between all the madness to write more interesting nonsense. But until then, this will have to do. I can't wait for this three-day weekend...

Anybody have any time they want to loan me?

4 comments:

Veronica said...

If only time was loanable. I think you have a talent for using time wisely. You fit a ton into you day and it is all things that need to get done and that are good for you. My days are spent eating, breathing, and sleeping Savannah. I tell you it feels like her sleep habits are getting worse. I don't know what to do. It is crazy that all people ask is "how does she sleep?" I am constatly being bombarded with people telling me that she doesn't need a schedule, a 30 minute nap is ok, and there is no need to sleep train because she will sleep when she is tired. How can a baby sleep when she is tired if she can't soothe herself and fall asleep on her own? And if she does get to sleep how can she fall back asleep when the transition of her REM and non-REM cycles arouse her. Give me more advice Shirlock!?! What else do you have for me? I will be sure to shut my ears next time. Apparently some of these people haven't thought baby sleep through. I am not an expert by any means but don't you tell me what to do if you can't get your 2 or 3 year old to take naps and sleep through the night. Plus, children thrive on schedules because they know what to expect, it is a constant. Granted, Savannah is only 5 months old but she is very capable of handling a schedule so says smart people in the world other than myself. Anyway, enough of my problems and time consumtion. It is hard to stop thinking and worrying about her because she is on the brain day and night. Sometimes I feel like the big guy upstairs gets tired of my prayers because they are usually all about her. I feel for you Molly, you busy bee. If I had any time for myself I would lend a little bit to you.

The Wades said...

hey miss molly, as my time at work slows down, PLEASE let me know if i can do anything for you. target runs, grocery, etc. i would love to help in the time that we are here.

Tyler said...

I wondered why you hadn't visited my blog recently. Glad to hear your staying afloat.

I like you have resolved not to blog or check e-mails while I work. That's not to say I won't check it at work, I just won't be working while I do it.

By the way, have you ever wondered if your boss checks your blog? Hope not.

Ashley said...

I too have missed your posts! But sounds like you have a good excuse. 5:45--yikes! Although I guess you were getting up that early to run anyway. Don't have too much advice--anything you can cut out? Tutoring? Work? :)