Wednesday, August 15, 2007

my music

Dear my music,
I miss you so much. I'm sorry I've been gone so long.
Love,
Molly

It's all coming back to me. Where have I been? It seems after I got married my music-listening habits changed. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, though. This is how it normally works: Christian puts on music. I listen. And I like it. These artists have become my new favorites: The Killers, The Bravery, Snow Patrol, Death Cab for Cutie, etc. I mean, how can you not like those artists? But in the process of just listening to whatever Christian puts on (I'm too lazy to choose stuff--I just let him do it), I seem to have let the rest of music slip away.

But the other day I clicked on Kaylynn's link "Where I get my music." It was like I was discovering all my music again. Suede, New Order, The Verve, Oasis, Travis, Coldplay, U2, Morrissey, Starsailor, Supreme Beings of Leisure, Social Distortion... And the list goes on. I miss it all. Especially my BritPop.

The music brings back so many emotions and memories: Spain, Monta Vista Ward, San Francisco.

I've missed you, my music.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Why have I hardly heard of any of those? Am I out of it? What about Billy Joel and Elton John?

Molly said...

Hahaha. You've been living with Tyler for too long. I'm assuming your house is filled with sounds of the Bee Gees, right? Christian and I will make you some CDs for your listening pleasure.

Veronica said...

Oh I can hardly remember what it was like to listen to my music. I rarely get the chance unless it is classical for Savannah's listening pleasure. However, lately I have been listening to a lot of primary hymns because of my new calling. Wish me luck because I have to learn all the songs for the primary program in like a month and a half. I am supposed to review the songs with the kids each Sunday. I ask, how can I review songs if I don't know them yet let alone know how to lead them.