Monday, August 13, 2007

jumping rope

When's the last time you busted out the jump rope?



I have a jump rope. We're not talking your typical 3rd-grader's jump rope. Mine is leather with ball bearings in the handles:



I haven't used it in quite a while. So yesterday, after a (very) quick warm-up run, I proceeded to jump rope for a total of 5 minutes. I thought my lungs were going to pop. And today my calves are screaming at me. Ouch.

Maybe I shouldn't wait a year between jump-rope sessions...

3 comments:

ryan, maren and leah said...

i totally have a good jumprope like that too. i love it! i used it all the time last summer when i went to visit ryan in alabama and we did it all the time in my aerobics class. and i was one of the top jumpropers in our 5th grade jump-a-thon. definitely a good workout.

Molly said...

Well, let's get together and jumprope! (As soon as my calves recover.)

Julie and Lenny said...

i used to competitively jump rope when i was younger. it was hard core, but it did wonders for my calves! too bad i quit, or my calves would be rockin'! :)