Wednesday, July 25, 2007

if i had a hammer

If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning.

And if I had a saw, I'd saw all day long.



This is my latest toy. My solution now is to saw things. I love it. So while trying to organize the closets in our new place, I realized that our lovely closet shelving units were too tall to fit under the main shelf in our new hall closet.



So what was my solution? Saw off the top, of course! So my plan was to saw off the top and just move the top shelf lower.



Much to my surprise, I discovered I'm a genius! The part I sawed off the top now makes the perfect small shelf for the top of the closet.



I know this was just the blog you've been waiting all day to read, but I am so excited about my new super organized closets (thanks to my trusty saw) that I had to share.

My new motto: If I can see it, I can saw it.

5 comments:

veeda said...

Molly, you are DIY amazing.

Ashley said...

I think this is my favorite post of yours.

Mer said...

Oh man...I've been wanting a mitre saw for YEARS (Baptiste thinks I'm crazy and keeps wondering who he married)!! And, now you've confirmed it-I need a saw!

Molly said...

Everyone needs a saw. (Or, as I just discovered, three in my case.)

Lenessa said...

I want a saw! Of course I can't saw in a straight line so I'm not sure how beneficial it would be.