Thursday, May 24, 2007

wanted: bird poop

I have a garden. It's my pride and joy. I even water it now. I have geraniums, delphiniums, columbine, a hosta, a calla lily, 4 japanese maples, a bleeding hearts, wisteria, tomatoes, beans, and, um, a couple other things I can't remember the names of.



One day I decided I needed a bird bath. But that's not exactly a high priority on my things-I-want-to-spend-my-money-on list. So I got creative. Here is my bird bath:



I love it. I think it's adorable on my cute table. (Thanks again, Mom!) But there's one problem. No birds. Now, I know there are plenty of birds around. I hear them all day long. And one even pooped on me and Christian. (Yes, both of us at the same time. Talk about killing two birds with one stone...) But no birds come to my bird bath!

So I'm desperate for bird poop. That would be the only sign that birds are coming to my balcony. But, alas, I check every day and still no bird poop. Any suggestions?

Oh, and I also need to know how to put out bird seed without the seeds going everywhere. I don't think the people below me would be very happy if the scattered seeds ended up growing around their patio.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a cute little garden/deck!