Monday, May 7, 2007

burn baby burn

Ashley, Amy, and I officially kicked off our fitness challenge on Saturday. We took our measurements, weight, and body fat percentage, and took "before" pictures. Sorry--I'm not posting those. Although if we all end up looking like models, I might reconsider.

After playing with Diego, taking our measurements, taking pictures, and laughing a lot, Ivan moved the furniture in the living room (he needed a little exercise, too), and we did pilates. Only I think we may have laughed more than we worked out.

We then embarked on what we thought would be a half-hour walk up and down San Francisco hills. We ended up walking for over an hour. After stopping at a couple small markets, we came home and made ourselves a healthy lunch. And it was sooooooo good. Fresh baked whole grain bread with mustard, gruyere cheese, tofu, spinach, bell peppers, tomatoes, and avocado, and fresh cut fruit on the side.



Ashley enjoyed it.


Amy enjoyed it.


Ivan enjoyed it.


Even Diego had his own healthy meal--squash, avocado, oatmeal, and yogurt all mixed together. I think I prefer the sandwich.


After lunch we were all exhausted. So we made brownies...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Great pics. Glad to hear about the brownies. My dieting philosophy is why waste calories on veggies?